How to create a project
Creating a project is where it all comes together. The project connects all the work you do into one centralized area that is unique to the client’s specific work that you have accepted to do.
- Click on Projects on the left-hand side at the top of the list above Tasks.
- Next, click on Create New Project.
- Fill out the required fields of the Name for the project, Client (You can search for the client right from here if you don’t remember his/her name) and apply the Stage. (See below for a quick outline of what each stage means)
- Then, click on Create New Project.
- Meeting: This means that you have a meeting set with the client
- Proposal Sent: You have sent the client a proposal and you are waiting to hear back
- Cancelled: This means the project was started, but was cancelled
- Work Delivered: You have completed the work and it has successfully delivered to the client
- Follow up: You’ve contacted the client, but need to follow up with them
- Work Completed: You have finished the work, but have not yet delivered to the client
- Payment Received: You have received the full payment from the client
- Inquiry: This is set as default and means that you have set up a client and need to follow up to see if they are interested in working with you
- Work in progress: Work has started, and you are in the middle of the job