How to create and send a proposal
- First, you have to go to your project you want to send the proposal for. If you don’t already have a project and/or looking to create a general proposal, then see instructions for how to create a template without a project.
- Now, within your project, you will see a tab called Documents. You will want to click on that tab.
- Then, select Add New Document.
- Select your Document Type, which in this case would be Proposal.
- Next, you can select a template that you have already created OR Create from scratch (This creates a document proposal just for this project).
If you already have a template you’d like to use, select it and then hit Add document to project.
Otherwise, select Create from scratch to be sent to the template creation menu
- Here you can put in your title for the proposal
- You can set a name, description, quantity, unit (item, week, hour, month, day, none), and identify whether the item is taxable or not. (Currently the tax % will default to 8.75, but if this is different in your state, please apply the correct tax %. This will be automated in the future)
- Don’t forget to apply an image for each item to make your proposals look professional and unique.
- Then select “Back” (Your template saves automatically)
- Your new proposal is added as a document and now you can select “Send this document.”
- Before sending you can edit the email that will be sent with this document, a default email is already set for you. If there is nothing you’d like to change, just select Send.
- You’ll see that once you send your document your Stage for that document will automatically update to “Sent.”