How to create and send a questionnaire
Questionnaires can help you get detailed information from a client so that you can better serve them. One of the most powerful things for running your business is attaining information. That way you can better meet the demands of your clients.
- First, you have to go to your project you want to send the questionnaire for. If you don’t already have a project and/or looking to create a general proposal, then see instructions for How to create a template without a project.
- Now, within your project, you will see a tab called Documents. You will want to click on that tab.
- Then, select Add New Document.
- Select your Document Type, which in this case would be Questionnaire.
- Next, you can select a template that you have already created OR Create from scratch (This creates a document proposal just for this project).
If you already have a template you’d like to use, select it and then hit Add document to project.
Otherwise, select Create from scratch to be sent to the template creation menu
Here, you can start customizing your template to send out to the client.
- You can add a new cover page by just clicking “change background photo” then you can drag a photo to the dotted boxed area. (only JPEG and JPG are currently accepted)
- Type in a unique name for the questionnaire
- Then, you can choose a format and begin adding in the questions you want to ask.
Question Types you can use:
- Text Box: Use a text box for free response or open questions
- One-line answer: A basic one-line answer. Good for things like first name, emails, etc.
- Single select: Given multiple options. The client will be able to select only one.
- Multi select: Given multiple options. The client will be able to select multiple.
- Date: Provides the client with a date selection box.